SHINE SA’s Schools Education and Support Team are excited to invite South Australian parents and carers to join us for a 2-hour Relationships and Sexual Health (R&SH) Information Evening at SHINE SA Woodville.
The purpose of R&SH education is to empower children and young people to make informed, safe, responsible and healthy decisions through the acquisition of knowledge, the development of lifelong skills and the exploration of values.
SHINE SA recognises and respects the importance of family as a source of R&SH information, education and values.
Our educators will unpack the SHINE SA R&SH Curriculum and explain more about the services, resources and support available to children, young people and parents/carers.
During this workshop you will:
- learn more about the Focus Area of Relationships and Sexuality in the Health and Physical Education Australian Curriculum
- explore some of the lessons in the SHINE SA R&SH Curriculum
- engage in activities included in lessons
- have the opportunity to view and access R&SH resources
- develop an increased understanding of the R&SH issues relevant to children and young people in South Australia
- explore some tips for talking with children and young people about R&SH topics
- identify wellbeing support services in the Adelaide metropolitan area
- have opportunities for your questions to be answered
Course Cost: $20 (includes tea/coffee and light refreshments)
- 3 August
- 26 October