The ASMS welcomed several schools for the International Science Fair this morning, beginning the day with an assembly that included a look at the blend of indigenous science and culture from the Paitya Dance Group, as well as a presentation by Elaf Abdel-Razaq on being a Substation Engineer.
The challenge-based learning activities, which students will continue to work on throughout the week, include
- Trash Palace – designing and building portable housing for the homeless
- Storytelling through Computer Games
- Designing new buildings which aren’t cuboids or rectangular prisms
- Vertical gardens
- Fight for the future
- Dragon’s Den
- Depressurising App
- Creating the ISF’s fastest rocket cars
- Feast – how extensively can we use indigenous foods as part of the Australian diet?
- Overpopulation just became your problem
- Citizen Science: the World as a Lab.
For a daily visual summary of events, make sure to check out our Facebook and Twitter feeds!