Monash University has developed Therapist-assisted Online Strategies Program (TOPS) using evidence-based research and is designed to help parents to reduce anxiety and depression in their adolescents. Consequently, TOPS is intended for parents whose adolescents are receiving mental health support for anxiety and/or depression. Applications for this free program close 15 May.
What is involved?
- Participation only takes a few hours over 12 months
- You & your adolescent complete online surveys at 4 time-points: when you first register, before starting the program, and 4 & 12 months afterward
- Access to an individually tailored online parenting program
- Practical strategies to parent more confidently
- Tailored goals to help put these strategies into practice
- Regular contact with a TOPS-coach via video conferencing to help you apply strategies to your own situation
- To say thank-you, you & your teen will each receive e-vouchers over 4 time points (worth up to $50 in total per person)
Who can participate?
Parents or legal guardians with their adolescent (aged 12-18 years):
- The adolescent needs to be receiving treatment for anxiety &/or depression from a mental health professional/service
- Have internet access, & consider themselves proficient in English
This study is being undertaken by Monash University, led by Associate Professor Marie Yap, and has been approved by the Monash University Human Research Ethics Committee.