Free Body Confident Children & Teens – for Parents, Caregivers & Community Members
A 1.5hr seminar aiming to equip parents and community members with information and tips to better understand and support children and teens’ body confidence. Covers: why positive body image, non-dieting approaches and healthy behaviours in relation to food and exercise are strong protective factors; what to do if your child expresses negativity towards themselves or others: the power of positive role modelling; warning signs and sources of help.
With so many confusing messages around weight, food and health and with many adults struggling with their own body esteem it can be difficult for parents to know how to support their child as they move through adolescence. Join the Butterfly Foundation for a relaxed and informative seminar for carers of primary and secondary age children to give knowledge, information and tips to help you better understand and promote positive body image in the home.
Topics covered include:
- Background on body image and the importance of prevention
- Key influences on body confidence, including social media
- Importance of role modelling positive body image and healthy behaviours
- Reducing appearance based talk and handling ‘stuff’ they say
- Awareness around behaviours that increase or decrease body satisfaction
- Referral and support information
- Please note this session does not cover fussy eaters
Date: Tuesday, 7 May 2019
Time: 7 – 8.30pm
Venue: Marion Cultural Centre, 287 Diagonal Road, Oaklands Park
For more information check out The Butterfly Foundation.